07 February 2016

When Eyes Meet Their Maker


The valley is half.
Shallow.
The sky is full.
Ropes are tight around my arms.

One jerk, and the mountain falls,
With another, the sky.
Everything disorients itself.

Dust and chaos become stars.
Bat-like, I sleep wakingly
Walksleeping all over the valley,
Now transient with a new reality.

Tangles become ladders
Days turn to years
My feet still scrape
the remnants of my pride

Ashes taste bitter to the tongue.
Then, comets fly through your eyes
Long after the storm has passed
The eyes meet their maker

Somewhere in their dreams
A shadow passes the light.
I become a shape-shifter
A nameless speck in your heart.

Gently, you pick me up
in your arms. A gentle breeze
Kisses my  hair
And puts me down
Back into the valley

Now new,
Now colouring my reality
Now filling my cup

I am ready to shatter again
An explosion is in progress
Stones are being hurled
The ropes are here,

But I don't use them this time
All I need do, is to lift a finger
and turn the page

There you are
The maker of my eyes
I am ready
For you to forgive me
Embrace me
and tell me,
what's next.







No comments: