09 March 2019

Slay Your Dragons






Locate your dragon
Size it up 
Observe
Sip your coffee
Draw your breath

Bring your sword
You have a sword right?
No?
Then find your weapon. Start there.
Sharpen it.
Make it work for you.
Wash the dust off your eyes
So you can see it clearly 


Then go to that dragon 
and tell it
'Look here, dragon
You are nothing without me.'
Flash your weapon before it. 
I will use it if I have to. Say it loud.
Roar. If that's what it takes.

You are nothing without me, you say.
'I created you.
With the skin in my nails.
In the shadows of my darkness
I created you.
You are but an ounce in my kingdom.
I am your queen.'

'So bow to me. Or I will slay you.
Cower in the very darkness that is your hide
For you shall not survive
There will be blood today
And I will not apologise.'

'Stay warned dragon
I have come for you
Either you go 
Or I will make you.'

'I have made you 
But I was a different person then.
People change.
Life changes.
You must too.'

And then you draw out your sword
You strike but one clean stroke.
Slit.

Turn around
Don't look back.
Never look back. 

No comments: