13 April 2019

Thirteen


1
Did you know? Come winter,
A Million butterflies fly
For thousands of miles

2
How could you do this
Sit on the couch and watch
TV endlessly

3
What is the thought that
Bites you and you cry
It is a regret my friend

4
There is nothing more
Beautiful and pure, only
The soul feels its footsteps

5
Scars are only seen
But the wounds have not yet healed
I feel the gnawing

6
Carpe diem now
He who taught us with a smile
Fought the good fight too

7

You are the reason
For my heightened sense of hope
It is my sixth sense

8

Any discussion
Is a futile one, without
Food and wine, is all

9

I look around and  
There you are. I give you my
Hand and you don’t drown.

10

Who knows, maybe what
Lies beneath the seas is a
A giant shark-eating squid.

11

Honey I know you
Want me and my heart is now
An expanding verse

12

There are times when love
Is blind and blinding is not
A good idea!

13

I come from darkness
From necessary starkness
An oblivion




#NaPoWriMo           #Day13            #PoemADay         #Haiku

No comments: